Education – Empowerment – Health
Archipelago Scholar is a foundation engaged in education, empowerment, and research related to health development. The foundation established in Surabaya, July 20th, 2017, and currently based in Samarinda, East Kalimantan.
We support various initiatives as below:
- supporting the Indonesian Spinal Muscular Atrophy community awareness campaign and educational events (2018 – 2020)
- providing travel grants for students from Public Health Faculty, Airlangga University Surabaya, East Java for research presentation at Andalas University, Padang, West Sumatera (2018)
- assisting emergency workshops for nurses and doctors in Lombok (2019)
- conducting a workshop to develop healthy canteen in primary schools in Banyuwangi (2020)
- conducting a serial online discussion “Fighting COVID-19 with Archipelago Scholar” (2020)
Archipelago Scholar turns three in 2020. This year we have started providing health information via Instagram, registered to the National Library of Indonesia for publishing, and launched an English version website. In conjunction with various partners, we strive to a better contribution to the development of more empowered Indonesia in the health sector.